This course provides an overview of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and the ocular conditions with which OSA has been associated. These conditions include floppy eyelid syndrome, primary and normotensive glaucoma, anterior ischemic optic neuropathy, and papilledema. Ocular complications from management of OSA are also discussed.
- To be able to recognize patients who may need referral for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) evaluation.
- To be aware of ocular conditions that have been associated with obstructive sleep apnea.
- To be able to distinguish between nocturnal lagophthalmos and floppy eyelid syndrome
- To be familiar with management of ocular complications associated with OSA.
- To be acquainted with potential ocular complications of OSA management.